Competition for Schools
At EGO we are willing to put our money where our mouth is and so included in this pack is a competition for schools to enter to win £2,500 of EGO equipment which should allow your school to need less petrol in its maintenance.
While we feel this is a great prize, we understand that some schools outsource this requirement so in this case we invite you instead to nominate a local forest school in your place.
Not only that, from the hero design entries we will announce a finalist each Half Term to take home £25 in National Book Tokens. From the finalists we will select the winning hero entry on Monday 5th June 2023, which is also World Environment Day, and working with an illustrator we will turn one pupil’s design into a comic book character.
In the interest of safeguarding in the case of individual pupils winning, we would only look to announce who are the winners’ schools and not use the pupils’ personal details. The competition will close on Monday 29th May 2023, with mailed entries that arrive later than Wednesday 31st May 2023 discounted.
The winning school will be chosen at random from those that have entered.
The winning hero design will be chosen separately based on the best response to the brief given.
The winning school/s will be informed w/c 5th June 2023.
Full terms and conditions of the competition are below.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to all primary schools in the UK.
- This competition is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via email or post.
- All competition entries include permission for the entry to be used by EGO on their own and the Challenge 2025 social media channels and websites, unless permission is expressly withdrawn.
- This competition will run from 01/09/2022 to 29/05/2023.
- Finalist for the Hero design will be chosen per half term, and each will be awarded the prize of £25 in National Book Tokens
- A final winner will be chosen on/after 05/06/2023.
- The winning school will receive any EGO Power+ Kit of their choice, that is available in the European market, up to the value of £2,500 based on the RRP on the date chosen, not to be resold.
- Another school / forest school / educational facility can be nominated to receive the prize in a school’s place.
- The winning pupil’s entry will be illustrated to be used in EGO / Challenge 2025 marketing collateral with credit, where possible, given to the designer’s school.
- No payment will be made for use of or license of the design.
- The copyright of the winning design will be transferred to EGO Power Plus in perpetuity.
- The winners will be notified via email by 12/06/2023.
- The full value of the prize must be redeemed all at once, and any of the value unused cannot be carried over to a subsequent purchase.
- The prize value may be used as a part payment towards a higher value item/s.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of EGO regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- EGO reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as it is permitted by law, EGO, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by negligence of EGO, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of the competition is: Marketing Head Office. EGO Power Plus. Unit 8 Anglo Office Park, Lincoln Road, High Wycombe, HP12 3RH.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost or misplaced entries and incomplete entries will be disregarded.
- The prize will be delivered to the winners preferred address within the territories of the competition entry with EGO being responsible for delivery costs.